Is it safe to shop online?
Little Sprout utilises a technology called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL is a set of rules followed by computers connected to the Internet. These rules include encryption, which guards against stealing data. This ensures that your communications aren't tampered with during transmission and authentication, which verifies that the party actually receiving your communication is legitimate. Little Sprout uses 128-bit encryption, which means there are billions and billions of possible keys required to decipher coded information. It is virtually impossible for an unauthorized party to find the right key.
To determine a site’s security status, look at the site's URL in your browser window. If you see an "s" added to the "http" (to make "https"), this indicates that SSL is in effect on the current page. If you're about to send information to a site that's not using SSL, your browser will warn you first. This is one reason that it is important to ensure your browser is up to date.
SSL protects your communications during transmission. Due to the authentication involved, secure servers are slower than regular servers for delivering files. Therefore, SSL is only used when transmitting sensitive information across the web, such as your personal details.
Little Sprout uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Little Sprout or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Little Sprout.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au.